Areas of interest
Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other developmental disabilities in children & adolescents.
- Undergraduate: autism, clinical psychology, careers
- Postgraduate: developmental psychopathology.
Research centres and groups
- Psychopathology and Affective Neuroscience
- Berkshire Autism Research Network.
- PhD (Reading)
- DClinPsy (Glasgow).
- Morgan-Jones, M. , Knott, F. , Wilcox, H. , Ashwin, C. (2019) Pilot study of fascia Bowen therapy for 8-11 year-old boys with developmental coordination disorder. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies , 23 (3). pp. 568-574. ISSN: 1360-8592 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2019.02.022
- Acker, L. , Knight, M. , Knott, F. (2018) ‘Are they just gonna reject me?’ Male adolescents with autism making sense of anxiety: an interpretative phenomenological analysis. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders , 56 pp. 9-20. ISSN: 1750-9467 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rasd.2018.07.005
- John, R. , Knott, F. , Harvey, K. (2018) Myths about autism: an exploratory study using focus groups. Autism , 22 (7). pp. 845-854. ISSN: 1362-3613 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1362361317714990
- Allen, S. and Knott, F. (2016) How do children’s challenges to function and participation impact maternal stress? A survey of mothers of children with suspected developmental co-ordination disorder. New Zealand Journal of Occupational Therapy , 63 (2). pp. 29-37. ISSN: 1171-0462
- Gifford, C. and Knott, F. (2016) The effect of diagnostic label on care staff’s perceptions of cause of challenging behaviour in individuals with learning disabilities. British Journal of Learning Disabilities , 44 (4). pp. 322-328. ISSN: 1468-3156 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/bld.12171
- Knott, F. and Taylor, A. (2014) Life at university with Asperger syndrome: a comparison of student and staff perspectives. International Journal of Inclusive Education , 18 (4). pp. 411-426. ISSN: 1360-3116 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13603116.2013.781236
- Ozsivadjian, A. , Knott, F. , Magiati, I. (2012) Parent and child perspectives on the nature of anxiety in children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorders: a focus group study. Autism , 16 (2). pp. 107-121. ISSN: 1362-3613 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1362361311431703
- Ozsivadjian, A. and Knott, F. (2011) Anxiety problems in young people with Asperger syndrome: a case series. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry , 16 (2). pp. 203-214. ISSN: 1461-7021 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1359104511404749
- Parracho, H. , Gibson, G. , Knott, F. , Bosscher, D. , Kleerebezem, M. , McCartney, A. (2010) A double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover-designed probiotic feeding study in children diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorders. International Journal of Probiotics and Prebiotics , 5 (2). pp. 69-74. ISSN: 1555-1431
- Knott, . (2009) Sibgroups: supporting siblings of children on the autism spectrum. Good Autism Practice , 10 (2). pp. 18-26. ISSN: 1466-2973
- Dunlop, . , Knott, . , MacKay, . (2007) Developing social interaction and understanding in high-functioning individuals with autism spectrum disorder. In: McGregor, . , Nunez, . , Cebula, . , Gomez, . , (eds.) Autism: an integrated view from neurocognitive, clinical, and intervention research. Wiley-Blackwell , London. ISBN: 9781405156950
- Knott, . , Lewis, . , Williams, T. (2007) Sibling interaction of children with autism: development over 12 months. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders , 37 (10). pp. 1987-1995. ISSN: 0162-3257 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10803-006-0347-z
- MacKay, . , Knott, . , Dunlop, . (2007) Developing social interaction and understanding in individuals with autism spectrum disorder: a groupwork intervention. Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability , 32 (4). pp. 279-290. ISSN: 1366-8250 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13668250701689280
- Taylor, . and Knott, . (2007) Developing a diagnostic and support service for students with Asperger syndrome at university. Good Autism Practice , 8 (2). pp. 9-16.
- Cooney, . , Jahoda, . , Gumley, . , Knott, . (2006) Young people with intellectual disabilities attending mainstream and segregated schooling: perceived stigma, social comparison and future aspirations. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research , 50 (6). pp. 432-444. ISSN: 0964-2633 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2788.2006.00789.x
- Dale, . , Jahoda, . , Knott, . (2006) Mothers' attributions following their child's diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorder: exploring links with maternal levels of stress, depression and expectations about their child's future. Autism , 10 (5). pp. 463-479. ISSN: 1362-3613 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1362361306066600
- Knott, . , Dunlop, . , MacKay, . (2006) Living with ASD: how do children and their parents assess their difficulties with social interaction and understanding? . Autism , 10 (6). pp. 609-617. ISSN: 1362-3613 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1362361306068510
- Snodgrass, . and Knott, . (2006) Theory of mind in children with traumatic brain injury. Brain Injury , 20 (8). pp. 825-833. ISSN: 0269-9052 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02699050600832585
- Watson, . and Knott, . (2006) Self-esteem and coping in children with developmental coordination disorder. British Journal of Occupational Therapy , 69 (10). pp. 450-456. ISSN: 0308-0226
- Dorris, . , Espie, . , Knott, . , Salt, . (2004) Mind-reading difficulties in the siblings of people with Asperger's syndrome: evidence for a genetic influence in the abnormal development of a specific cognitive domain. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry , 45 (2). pp. 412-418. ISSN: 0021-9630 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-7610.2004.00232.x
- Knott, F. , Lewis, C. , Williams, T. (1995) Sibling interaction of children with learning disabilities: a comparison of autism and Down's syndrome. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry , 36 (6). pp. 965-976. ISSN: 0021-9630