Cong Xia Li
- Convenor of all the Mandarin Chinese Language modules;
- Teaching and Learning Coordinator for Mandarin Chinese;
- Chair of Student and Staff Liaison Committee (IWLP);
- Coordinator of Language Learning Advisors; Coordinator of IWLP Tandem Scheme
Areas of interest
- L2 teaching and acquisition
- Online teaching and assessments
- Chinese history (post 1949) and contemporary Chinese literature
All Mandarin Chinese modules offered at the Institution-Wide Language Programme (IWLP).
- LA1PC1 Mandarin Chinese Stage 1
- LA1PC2 Mandarin Chinese Stage 2
- LA1PC3 Mandarin Chinese Stage 3
- LA1PC8 Mandarin Chinese Fast Track
In addition to teaching at University of Reading, I have taught at Eton College from Beginners to Pre-U Chinese (language only); and GCSE to A level Chinese (both language and literature) at the Abbey School, Reading.
Research centres and groupsI am a committee member of Language Teaching CoP at the University of Reading; a member of British Chinese Language Teachers Society and a member of European Association of Chinese teaching (ASSOCIATION EUROPEENNE DE L’ENSEIGNEMENT DU CHINOIS).
I have been teaching Mandarin Chinese at the University of Reading for more than 10 years. Apart from teaching at IWLP, I have offered lessons at the School of Continuing Education, Admissions and Outreach events at the University. In addition to the experience at HE sector, I also worked at secondary schools including St Paul’s Girls School, Eton College and the Abbey School for 8 years (and was the Head of Chinese at the Abbey School for 4 years).
Since 2013 I have been the Coordinator for Mandarin Chinese overseeing the smooth running of the Mandarin Chinese provisions at the IWLP.
I enjoy music, walking, reading and cooking.