How to Apply
The first step is to contact the KTC through firstname.lastname@example.org and a Business Relationship Manager will guide you through the application process:
- Determine if the project meets the criteria for a KTP.
Is my company eligible to apply? Can I afford the time and financial contribution? Is it the right time to do this project or perhaps consider a different route to engage with the University?
- Scope project and assemble project team.
Is a KTP the right route or should I consider a different pathway to work with the University? Perhaps Consultancy or contract research is a more suitable route. That expertise do I need?
- Complete the Fact Find Form
The KTP Manager and BRM will support you with.
- Discuss project with relevant Knowledge Transfer Advisor and obtain agreement to sponsor the project.
KT Advisors are regionally based and employed by the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and support projects pre and post application. They provide a wealth of knowledge and experience in delivering successful KTP projects.
- Prepare and submit application.
The key component of the KTP application is the Business Case, this must be:
- Strategic for the company
- Gap in company knowledge or expertise that academic colleagues and the associate can fill
- Addressing company challenge
- Genuine market opportunity
- Academic challenge
- Demonstrable growth for the company.
There are specific deadlines for KTP applications, and depending on the maturity of the project and relationship between the company and the business preparation of an application can take anything from 6 weeks to 6 months.