Using Liquid Nitrogen Safely
This course provides a basic understanding of the hazards of working with liquid nitrogen together with practical decanting experience. Please note: This course is mandatory to all new workers handling liquid nitrogen.
ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the hazards of working with liquid nitrogen
- Identify the control measures required for safe working with liquid nitrogen
- Demonstrate how to decant liquid nitrogen from pressurised and non-pressurised storage dewars.
- Introduction to the hazards of liquid nitrogen
- Safe use of liquid nitrogen, prevention of asphyxiation, Personal protective equipment and manual handling
- Decanting cryogenic gases – introduction to vessels and techniques
- Practical session on decanting
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All new laboratory based postgraduate students and staff who handle liquid nitrogen must attend.
COURSE DATES & TIMES:
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 20
COURSE TUTOR: External - Gas Safe
Please note you will be charged if you cancel within less than 2 weeks notice, fail the theory module or in case of a no show on the day.