Fire Wardens Training
The course introduces Fire Wardens to fire routines and the correct action to be taken in the event of fire, for their respective building. It also covers fire prevention and awareness, and the role of Fire Wardens in maintaining high standards of fire safety.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Understand employer's / employee's responsibilities under current fire safety legislation
- Understand the duties of Fire Wardens / Door Wardens with awareness of the Evacuation Officers duties.
- Be aware of how fire can develop and spread.
- Understand the basic principles Means of Escape and how to carry out a safe sweep of a building.
- Understand the legal need for ensuring all people including disabled people are evacuated from a building in the event of a fire and understand the options available for achieving this.
- Recognise (and operate) refuge communications equipment.
- Understand the common causes of fire.
- Be aware of fire prevention techniques and good practice
ON RETURNING TO THE WORKPLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Undertake the role of a Fire Warden
- Review your building's fire evacuation plans and recommend or implement changes if required
- Recognise fire hazards and take measures to mitigate the risk of an outbreak of fire
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All members of staff who form part of their building fire evacuation team e.g. Fire Wardens / Door Wardens & Evacuation Officers including those who have not undergone refresher training within the last 3 years.
Participants should make themselves familiar with the fire evacuation procedure for their individual building.
COURSE DATES & TIMES
The Fire Wardens training is available as an e-learning module and can be found on UoRLearn: UoRLearn - Fire Wardens Training
This training is also available for PhD Students via Blackboard: BlackBoard - Fire Wardens Training
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: N/A
COURSE TUTOR: David Sharp/Kevin McGovern