- Subject Editor, Food and Bioprocess Processing Journal
- Editor, Scientific Reports
- Chair, IUFoST Education Working Group on Education Programmes
- Member, IFST Programme Accreditation Panel
- Fellow, International Academy of Food Science and Technology
- Building international academic programmes (teaching and research)
- International liaison
Building locationHarry Nursten
Areas of interest
- Formation and stability of foams and other bubble-containing food systems.
- Development of compostable and active food packaging (including anti-microbial).
- Engineering solutions for reducing the adverse health impact of deep fried products.
- Mass transfer and biochemical reaction networks under ultra high pressures (500-6000 bar).
- Transport phenomena in food process engineering in relation to the interaction between process conditions and product safety/structure/quality.
- Enzyme facilitated diffusive extraction of components from fruits and vegetables, and oil from oleaginous materials.
- BChem Eng
- MChem Eng
- PhD (tech)
- Fellow of the Institute of Food Science and Technology (FIFST).