- Director for Internationalisation
- Programme director for MSc Data and Decision Analysis
- Module convenor for Financial Economics, Intermediate Mathematics for Economists
Areas of interestMy research interests are in international economics, environmental economics and their intersections as well as broader areas in applied economics. In particular, I studied the evolution of the pollution content in international trade and how trade liberalisation impacts on pollution emissions. I was also recently involved in working on a project in the research area of strategic persuasion in private experimentation which has been fruitful in producing research output.
Postgraduate supervisionI am interested in supervising research in the areas of international economics (trade/FDI/finance), environmental economics and in particular their intersections. I am also happy to supervise broader topics in applied economics
Research centres and groupsGroup for Economic Analysis at Reading (GEAR)
I joined the Department of Economics at the University of Reading in August 2019. Previously I worked as a lecturer in Economics and programme leader for the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Plymouth Business School at the University of Plymouth, where I delivered and verified economics modules for a number of Higher Education institutions (UK and non-UK) and engaged in the Teaching, Learning and Quality Committee and the Research Ethics and Integrity Committee.
Major Research Grants
• 2022-2026, Horizon Europe Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (funded by UKRI) as ESR project leader, £265,251.
• 2005-2008, Joint PhD scholarship from Leverhulme Centre for Research on Globalisation and Economic Policy (GEP) and China Policy Institute, University of Nottingham, £60,000.
- PhD in Economics, University of Nottingham
- MSc in Economics and Econometrics, University of Nottingham
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, University of Plymouth
- BSc in Economics, Nanjing University of Science and Technology