Dr Shabnam Kabiri
- Exams Officer
- Module Convenor, Business Organisation and Management and Management in the Built Environment (undergraduate), Construction Project Management (master's), Construction Project Management (master's).
Areas of interest
Micro-dynamics of professionalisation
Role stress within construction teams
Formal and informal aspects of roles in construction society
Business plans for construction firms.
TeachingResponsibilities include teaching some of the core management subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Research centres and groupsUniversity of Reading Organisations, People and Technology Research Group
After training as civil engineer, my early roles included structural engineer in a design organisation. Parallel to this role, I have earned my first MSc in soil and foundation engineering.
Inspired by managing projects, I pursued my academic development by studying a second MSc in the field of construction project management in Germany.
I then studied my PhD in the School of Construction Management and Engineering at University of Reading. The topic of my PhD thesis was initiated from my industry experience: role conflict and role ambiguity in construction projects. I then undertook a lectureship in the School.
- Shikhrobat, M. , Kabiri, S. , Flanagan, R. (2019) Project planning and scheduling using system dynamics for dealing with complexity on construction projects.
- Kabiri, S. , Hajihosseinlou, M. , Kabiri, S. (2019) Introducing the RZ model for definition and optimization of the boundary of low emission zones. International Journal of Low-Carbon Technologies , 14 (4). pp. 516-532. ISSN: 1748-1325 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ijlct/ctz043
- Kabiri, S. and Hughes, W. (2018) The interplay between formal and informal elements in analysing situations of role conflict among construction participants. Construction Management and Economics , 36 (12). pp. 651-665. ISSN: 0144-6193 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01446193.2018.1472794
- Ballesteros-Pérez, P. , Kabiri, S. , Smith, S. , Hughes, W. (2017) Dealing with weather-related claims in construction contracts: a new approach. In: Pellicer, E. , Adam, J. , Yepes, V. , Singh, A. , Yazdani, S. , (eds.) Resilient Structures and Sustainable Construction. ISEC Press pp. 1-6. ISBN: 9780996043748 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.14455/ISEC.res.2017.221
- Ballesteros-Pérez, P. , Rojas-Céspedes, Y. , Hughes, W. , Kabiri, S. , Pellicer, E. , Mora-Melià, D. , del Campo-Hitschfeld, M. (2017) Weather-wise: a weather-aware planning tool for improving construction productivity and dealing with claims. Automation in Construction , 84 pp. 81-95. ISSN: 0926-5805 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2017.08.022
- Hughes, W. and Kabiri, S. (2013) Performance-based contracting in the construction sector. University of Reading , Reading. pp 40. (A report for Transport for London)