Dr Maria Vahdati
- Programme Director, MSc Renewable Energy: Technology & Sustainability
- School Positive Minds Facilitator
- School Athena Swan Team Co-Chair.
- Module Convenor for: Energy & the Environment (CEM241), Energy Research Skills (CEM19A), Energy Research Dissertation (CEM19B) and Renewable Energy Systems (CEM160).
Areas of interest
Wind, hydro, solar and biomass energy systems design and modelling
Ground source heat pumps and PV system hybrids
Energy in buildings.
Recent PhD supervision (completed):
Enhancing strength and durability of adobe bricks by introducing bio inspired stabilisers.
Innovative, integrated greywater and green wall systems for improving water security; treatment and recycling to provide alternative water resources.
Energy use and reduction in UK commercial kitchens.
The recovery of cassava waste for heat generation in cassava-based bioethanol plants in Thailand: social practices and environmental impact.
The development of an assessment criteria framework for sustainable non-residential buildings in Saudi Arabia.
Analysis of historical solar irradiance data and development of a virtual pyranometer method for real-time PV monitoring.
A computational fluid dynamics investigation of a vertical axis augmented wind turbine design for the built environment.
Classification methods for an ill-posed reconstruction with an application to fuel cell monitoring.
Analysis tools for urban wind turbines.
Research centres and groupsUniversity of Reading Energy and Environmental Engineering Research Group
- Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy.