Professor Michael Twyman
- I am a retired full-time member of staff, having taught at Reading from 1959 for many years as the first Head of the Department.
- I now teach students on all four MA courses, and continue as the Director of the Department's Centre for Ephemera Studies.
- My responsibilities as Director of the Centre for Ephemera Studies include making material in the Rickards Collection available to students and others, working on collaborative ephemera projects, and liaising with external bodies in the field.
- I assist with the running of the departmental collections.
- I am Vice President of the Printing Historical Society, Chair of the National Printing Heritage Trust, Council member of the Ephemera Society, and Chair of the Advisory Committee of the St Bride Library in London.
Areas of interest
My research interests have ranged widely, and I have published papers and books on a variety of aspects of graphic language, letterforms, and the history of printing.