Dr Charlotte Newey
- Director of Teaching and Learning
- Study Abroad Coordinator
- Lecturing in Moral and Political Philosophy at Undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Areas of interest
- Moral and Political Philosophy
- Responsibility and Distributive Justice
- Justice in Healthcare
- Global Poverty
Veganism and Global Poverty
Oppression, Inequality and the Enemies of Democracy
Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
- I studied Philosophy at the University of Reading. My doctoral thesis focused on the topics of Fairness, Moral Demands, and Global Poverty and I continue to research issues relating to both Fairness and Distributive Justice.
- Before joining Reading, I lectured in Ethics, Contemporary Political Philosophy and Feminism at the University of Warwick and in Moral Philosophy, Political Philosophy, and Aesthetics at Cardiff University.
- Personal webpage: reading.academia.edu/CharlotteNewey
Awards and honours
- Newey, C. (2016) Fairness as “appropriate impartiality” and the problem of the self-serving bias. Ethical Theory and Moral Practice , 19 (3). pp. 695-709. ISSN: 1572-8447 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10677-015-9665-6
- Newey, C. (2016) Justice for children in healthcare: an asymmetric theory of responsibility. Dilemata: International Journal of Applied Ethics , 21 pp. 1-21. ISSN: 1989-7022