As part of our admissions process for MPAS Physician Associate Studies, all suitable applicants will be required to attend an interview. Our interviews will be carried out online, using Microsoft Teams. The interviews will take place between November 2021 and March 2022 for September 2022 entry. They are an opportunity for you to meet current staff and further discuss your application and why you are interested in becoming a Physician Associate.
How will the interview work?
- If your UCAS application is suitable, you will receive an email inviting you to book an interview slot. You should follow the instructions in this email to book a suitable date and time for your interview.
- Closer to the date of the interview, you will receive an email with a Microsoft Teams meeting invite. The interview will take 30 minutes. If you have not received the invite 48 hours before the interview is due to take place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check that the invite has not gone into your spam or junk folder before contacting us.
- When you join the interview, you will be introduced to two interviewers, and they will let you know that they will record the interview. This recording is carried out for safeguarding purposes and to ensure that the interview process is fair. Recordings will be held securely and members of the School staff will have access. Recordings are retained until 31st August 2022. The recording will not be shared for any purposes other than safeguarding and quality assurance unless required by law. Please note that candidates are not permitted to make their own recordings of their interview. If this concerns you, please let the interviewer know.
- You will be required to hold up a piece of photographic ID to the camera so your identity can be verified (for example, your passport, driving licence (full or provisional) or EU ID card). Please have this document to hand at the start of your interview.
- The interview will involve questions of three different types:
- General questions to find out why you want a place on our programme, and what experiences you have that have led to your decision.
- Questions to explore your experiences in various settings, which demonstrate key personal attributes that are important when working in health care.
- Questions that describe educational or heath care scenarios and ask you to explain how you would approach them.
VI. We are operating a whole field interview process. This means that we will be interviewing all suitable applicants before making offers. We are aiming to complete all interviews by 16th March 2022 and all offers will be sent to successful applicants by the end of April.
What do I need to do to prepare?
For the interview, please be prepared to chat about your own experiences and personal attributes that you feel would make you an excellent health care professional. You might want to think about what has motivated you to apply. You will need examples of how you have responded to and worked in different situations, e.g. within a team or as a leader, or where you have needed to demonstrate other professional skills such as empathy or effective communication. The interview will also involve a discussion of a situational judgement scenario, which you will not be able to prepare for.
Who should I contact if I have further queries?
Shortly before your interview, you will receive an email from the Department with a Microsoft Teams invite.
If you have any other queries about the interview process, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
For further information about our programmes and studying at the University of Reading, please visit our courses page.