The CIPPET MSc top-up is designed for students who wish to engage with a practice-based programme to develop their research knowledge and skills. This programme supports those who have completed relevant post-graduate modules to PG Diploma level (i.e. 120 credits at level 7) to continue their studies to obtain a master's qualification.
The programme consists of two modules: a taught module in research skills (20 credits) delivered flexibly via our online learning platform and then following submission of your research proposal you will progress to develop this into a 40-credit research project based in your workplace. The project is usually co-supervised by a senior colleague from your workplace. For more information on the modules see the Structure section of our course page.
Students can produce a mini professional practice portfolio throughout their studies. Where relevant, this can be mapped to a Professional Competency Framework and used for submission for Professional Recognition Credentialing, for example, the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, Royal College of Nursing or Royal College of Emergency Medicine.
For information on the entry requirements, see the Entry Requirements section of our course page.
Upcoming cohort enrolment options
- If you are interested in joining a cohort in the autumn of 2021 you can register your interest with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications for this cohort are now open.
- Deadline for applications: 17:00, 1 November 2021 (late applications may be accepted).
- Deadline for enrolment: TBC, January 2022 (only complete applications will be accepted and allowed to enrol so we recommend you apply in plenty of time).
- The enrolment process will take place during the start of January.
- Programme cost: UK/Republic of Ireland students £2,300.