- Module Convenor: Psychology at Work (PY1PAW), Professional Placement (PY2PRP), Motivation and Performance in Organisations (PY3MPO), Public Engagement (PY3PE), Individual and Team Development (PYMITD)
- Part 3 Tutor
- Placement Tutor for year-long Professional Placement
- PhD Monitor
Areas of interest
My areas of interest are broadly speaking in the field of occupational psychology.
Specifically I am interested in training and development, including the dissemination of evidence-based training, transfer of training and barriers to learning. I am also interested in motivation and performance in the workplace, including the influence of job design.
- Part 1 Psychology at Work (PY1PAW), Skills in Psychology (PY1SK)
- Part 2 Careers (PY2CP), Psychometrics (PY2CP), Cognition (PY2CN)
- Part 3 Motivation and Performance in Organisations (PY3MPO), Public Engagement (PY3PE), Contemporary & Historical Issues (PY3CHI).
- Individual and Team Development (PYMITD).
- PhD, Psychology, UoR
- MSc Occupational Psychology, Birkbeck College
- BSc Psychology, UoR
- Level A&B Certificate in Occupational Testing (BPS)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- Bizley, S. , Branson, A. , Fletcher, K. , Ho, A. ORCID: 0000-0002-2581-126X , Millmore, A. ORCID: 0000-0002-8626-0713 , Sinclair-Graham, S. (2023) Multidisciplinary approaches to reflective practices supporting student transitions into employment. In: Willison, D. and Henderson, E. , (eds.) Perspectives on Enhancing Student Transition Into Higher Education and Beyond. IGI Global , Hershey, Pennsylvania. pp. 212-237. ISBN: 9781668481981 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.4018/978-1-6684-8198-1.ch010
- Allen, S. , Knott, F. , Branson, A. , Lane, S. (2021) Coaching parents of children with sensory integration difficulties: a scoping review. Occupational Therapy International , 2021 ISSN: 1557-0703 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2021/6662724
- Roth, A. , Myles-Hooton, P. , Branson, A. (2019) Judging clinical competence using structured observation tools: a cautionary tale. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy , 47 (6). pp. 736-744. ISSN: 1352-4658 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1352465819000316
- Branson, A. , Myles, P. , Mahdi, M. , Shafran, R. (2018) The relationship between competence and patient outcome with low-intensity cognitive behavioural interventions. Behavioural and cognitive psychotherapy , 46 (1). pp. 101-114. ISSN: 1469-1833 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1352465817000522
- Branson, M. , Shafran, R. , Myles, P. (2015) Investigating the relationship between competence and patient outcome with CBT. Behaviour Research and Therapy , 68 pp. 19-26. ISSN: 0005-7967 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.brat.2015.03.002
- Branson, A. and Shafran, R. (2015) Therapist characteristics and their effect on training outcomes: what counts?. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy , 43 (3). pp. 374-380. ISSN: 1352-4658 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1352465814000642
- Stallard, P. , Myles, P. , Branson, A. (2014) The Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Scale for Children and Young People (CBTS-CYP): development and psychometric properties. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy , 42 (3). pp. 269-282. ISSN: 1352-4658 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S135246581300115X
- Farran, E. , Branson, A. , King, B. (2011) Visual search for basic emotional expressions in autism; impaired processing of anger, fear and sadness, but a typical happy face advantage. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders , 5 (1). pp. 455-462. ISSN: 1750-9467 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rasd.2010.06.009