This course explores weather systems and circulations in the tropical atmosphere, such as:
- the intertropical convergence zone
- the Hadley and Walker Circulations
- the El Nino-Southern Oscillation
- the Madden-Julian Oscillation
- tropical cyclones.
The online course is developed from the Tropical Weather Systems module.
You will need to satisfactorily complete three of the five problem sheets to pass.
Timetabled sessions in 2024
Times and dates will be published before payment is taken for fees.
- 10 January 2024,TBC
- 17 January 2024,TBC
- 24 January 2024, TBC
- 31 January 2024, TBC
- 7 February 2024,TBC
No class on 14 February
- 21 February 2023, TBC
- 28 February 2023, TBC
- 7 March 2023, TBC
- 14 March 2023, TBC
- 21 March 2023, TBC
A joining link will be given to enrolled learners.
- A working knowledge of A-level Mathematics or equivalent
- Equivalent to Further Mathematics A-level or a pass equivalent to a 2.1 in a first year science undergraduate mathematics module (particularly vector calculus).
- A pass equivalent to a 2.1 in an undergraduate module in meteorology or atmospheric science or the online course Fundamentals of Meteorology.
Apply by 19 December 2023.