Department of Meteorology PhD Scholarships
The Department of Meteorology is pleased to announce the introduction of PhD Scholarships available for self-funding applicants who meet the eligibility criteria below, and who are starting their PhD in the period 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022.
What is available?
- Scholarships for full time students based in Reading of £3,000 per year for International students or £1,000 per year for UK (home) students, to be awarded as a bursary directly allocated to the PhD student.
- Equivalent scholarships available for students registered for a PhD by Distance and/or part- time students on a pro rata basis (see table at the bottom of the page).
The Scholarship is for up to three years in duration for full time students and for up to four years in duration for part-time students.
Applicants will need to meet all of the following requirements:
- Be self-funding or have a studentship/scholarship that does not provide sufficient funding for the student's entire tuition fee and their reasonable living costs.
- Be in possession of a formal PhD offer of admission from the University of Reading, including meeting the language requirements specified by the School upon entry.
How to Apply
- You will need to submit an application for admission for a PhD in Atmosphere, Oceans and Climate or a PhD in Space Weather and Solar-Terrestrial Physics via our online admissions portal.
- In the 'Scholarships applied for' box which appears within the Funding Section of your online application, please quote 'Reading Department of Meteorology PhD Scholarships ' in order for your application to be considered.
Before applying, please read our guidance on How to apply and entry requirements.
Successful candidates will be notified via a formal studentship letter. Please note that this is provided separately from any offer of admission and will be subject to standard checks for eligibility and other criteria.
There is no deadline. Scholarship applications will be considered and assessed by the Department of Meteorology PhD admissions tutor throughout the year.
|What's available||UK student scholarship (amount per year)||International Student scholarship (amount per year)|
|Full-time, based at Reading||£1,000||£3,000|
|Part-time, based at Reading||£500||£1,500|
|Full-time, by Distance||£500||£1,500|
|Part-time, by Distance||£250||£750|
If you have any questions, please contact our PhD admissions team via email@example.com