Security, secrecy and evidence in civil proceedings
The Government's Green Paper on Justice and Security
In its Justice and Security Green Paper the Government is proposing to enact legislation which will change the way evidence is managed in civil proceedings and inquests, generally providing for greater levels of secrecy in the courts.
The resources below bring together the background to the Green Paper, consultations and reviews, commentary and analysis, and some of the circumstances in which the new legislation might apply.
- The move towards legislation: chronology
- The court cases that prompted concern 2008-2011
- The Government consultation (the Green Paper)
- The JCHR Inquiry into the Green Paper on Justice and Security
- The Justice and Security Bill
- Commentary, analysis and media coverage
- List of potential cases that could be affected
- What to expect next