News & current issues
This section of our website was becoming too onerous to keep up to date with our limited resources. However, our twitter feed (@UniRdg_LTRK) now provides regular and up-to-date links to sources, commentary and news on law, media, terrorism and security related issues. Simply click on the Twitter icon at the bottom right of this page to follow us.
The Security, secrecy and evidence in civil proceedings section of the website will continue to be updated regularly on issues relating to the Justice and Security Bill which is currently going through parliament.
Other examples of useful twitter accounts to follow
- Terrorism and security arrests and prosecutions: Often covered by BBC Home Affairs Correspondents, Danny Shaw (@DannyShawBBC) and Dominic Casciani (@BBCDomC), Sean O'Neill from the Times (@TimesCrime) and Simon Israel from Channel 4 (@simonisrael) amongst others.
- Police and Prosecution statements: @metpoliceuk (and @WMPolice very good as well) and @cpsuk.
- Law, media and terrorism matters generally: The Guardian Law section (@GdnLaw).
- Parliamentary and legislative developments with a terrorism and security focus: Alexander Horne, UK Terrorism and Security Specialist at House of Commons Library (@AlexanderHorne1) and the Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation, David Anderson QC (@terrorwatchdog)
- Human rights and rule of law commentary and opinion: @AdamWagner1 and the UK Human Rights Blog (@ukhumanrightsb).
- NGOs with a particular interest in issues surrounding terrorism and security: Justice (@JUSTICEhq), Liberty (@libertyhq), Reprieve (@ReprieveUK), Redress (@REDRESSTrust), Inquest (@INQUEST_ORG), Amnesty (@AmnestyUK), Human Rights Lawyers Association (@HumanRightsLawA)
See also our Publications and resources page which also contains links to useful websites