Joining the Library
Our primary aim is to support teaching, learning and research undertaken by members of the University. Services to the wider academic and local community are provided where this can be achieved without prejudice to the primary clientele. Non-members are welcome to use the Library for reference and private study.
If you have any enquiries about membership, or Campus Cards, please come to the Information Desk in the URS Building.
Members of other universities
We participate in the following reciprocal access schemes for students and staff from other universities wishing to use our Library:
- Associate Members (including Courtesy Title holders)
- Foundation Degree Students
- Friends of the University
- Members of the Lord Zuckerman Centre and Reading Scientific Services Ltd
- Members of the public
- Members of the Science and Technology Centre and Reading Enterprise Centre
- Reading graduates
- Retired University staff
- Student applicants
- Teachers at mentor schools