Joining the Library
Due to the current public health situation access to the Library is limited to members only. Registration of new External Borrowers has been suspended until further notice.
Our primary aim is to support teaching, learning and research undertaken by members of the University. Services to the wider academic and local community are provided where this can be achieved without prejudice to the primary clientele. Non-members are welcome to use the Library for reference and private study.
If you have any enquiries about membership, or Campus Cards, please come to the Welcome Desk.
- Associate Members (including Visitors to Academic departments and Courtesy Title holders)
Members of other universities
We are unable to register students and staff from other universities as the following reciprocal access schemes are currently suspended:
- Foundation Degree Students
- Friends of the University
- Members of the Lord Zuckerman Centre and Reading Scientific Services Ltd
- Members of the public
- Members of the Science and Technology Centre and Reading Enterprise Centre
- Reading graduates
- Retired University staff
- Student applicants
- Teachers at partnership schools