If you hold an Associate Campus Card, or a Visiting/Courtesy title, you may join the Library if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Carers for disabled students
- Honorary Fellow
- Professor Emeritus
- Reading University Students Union (RUSU) officers and employees
- Recognised Teacher of the University
- Students re-taking final examinations or completing dissertations
- Suspended students (not those suspended for reasons of debt)
- Those whose Contracts of Service requires access to licensed materials
- Visiting Faculty Staff (at the Greenlands site of the Henley Business School)
- Visiting Fellow
- Visiting Member of the Academic Staff
- Visiting Professor
- Visiting Research Fellow
- Visitors to University Schools and Departments who are undertaking research in collaboration with members of the University.
Students who have registered for a course with the University, but whose course has not started yet may be able to join as an External Borrower - see Library privileges for student applicants for details.
- You must have a University username and password - contact IT for guidance if you don't already have one.
- Complete the Associate Member application form (PDF) - printed application forms are also available from the Library Welcome Desk.
- Your completed form must be signed by your Head of Department/School (as sponsor)
- Bring the completed Associate Member application form to the Library Welcome Desk Monday to Friday or 9:00 - 19:00 and Saturday and Sunday 9:00 - 17:00 during term time. During vacation, hours may vary but ordinarily are Monday to Friday or 9:00 - 16:30. If you cannot make it during the above hours, alternative arrangements can be made - please see the instructions at the top of the application form.
See our Privacy notice (PDF) for information on what personal information we collect, hold and share in order to provide Library services to you and your rights in respect of the data we hold about you.
How many items can I borrow?
Once you have registered with the Library you will be able to borrow 25 items. Standard loan items will be issued for six weeks.
You will be able to renew items unless they have been Recalled.
If someone places a hold on a book you have out you will be sent a recall notice, by email asking for return within seven days of the notice or the original due date if sooner.
You will also be able to use the Inter-library loans service to get books and articles from other libraries.
Fines are charged for the late return of some items.
Access to e-resources
Associate Members get automatic access to most of our e-resources with their University username and password. Use of our e-resources is subject to the terms and conditions.
Anyone experiencing problems should complete the e-resources problem report form.