This course provides training, information and instruction for staff nominated to coordinate DSE risk assessments for their Department or School, and to follow up DSE online assessments where individuals have reported issues.
- Understand the standards for DSE risk assessment
- Be aware of work related ill health associated with DSE work
- Be aware of correct work station design and set up
- Understand how to use the Cardinus software package to administer the DSE assessment process
OBJECTIVES - ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Complete DSE risk assessments
- Advise colleagues on safe work station set up
- Advise colleagues when they need expert help from H&SS or Occupational Health
- Operate the Cardinus software package
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All staff who carry out DSE assessments and administer the DSE assessment process in their Departments/Schools, or for staff who wish to have an overview of the procedures and software e.g. Health and Safety Co-ordinators. You should attend both parts of the training.
Attendees should have been nominated by their Department/ School as a local Assessor. Nominees must have undertaken the on-line DSE training/ test before attendance, in order to familiarise themselves with the "User view" of the on-line system.
COURSE DATES & TIMES:
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 12
COURSE TUTOR: Cardinus; Health & Safety Services