Working at Height - Inspecting Access Equipment
A short course that covers the inspection, maintenance and documentation of working at height equipment. This covers most types of non mechanical access equipment such as ladders, ropes and harnesses, pop-up-steps and towers. It will give attendees the skills and documentary systems to correctly inspect and record as required by legislation.
To provide staff with the skills and documentary systems to meet our obligations under legislation.
OBJECTIVES - ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Inspect access systems, this section is ideally focused on the equipments used by the dept in question and is normally done in the department using the in use equipment;
- Use supplied documents required to meet the needs of legislation, as part of the training we fill in the form with the departments equipment and do the first inspections in situ;
- Understand what documents you should see from external contractors who have been brought in to work in your area.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This is an essential pre-requisite for those who use or manage access equipment.
PRE-COURSE PREPARATION: None
COURSE DATE & TIME:
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 8
COURSE TUTOR: Health and Safety Services
Health & Safety Services:
Contact Health & Safety Services:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 0118 378 8888 (internal 8888)
- Report an Incident Online