Financial Administration of Research Grants and Contracts
- Number: FIN/SLS/018
- Title: Financial Administration of Research Grants and Contracts
- Version: 1.0
- Effective date: 1 August 2012
- Duration: This specification will run from the date set out above until amended by the Director of Finance and Corporate Services or nominated alternate.
- Review: This specification will be reviewed annually.
- Service level specification:
i. Finance will undertake all necessary administrative work to support the award of any research grant and contract;
ii. Finance will ensure that research grants and contract bids are submitted to sponsors in a compliant manner to maximise the chances of success;
iii. Finance will undertake all grant and contract billing no less that quarterly in arrears throughout the life of the contract;
iv. Finance will actively monitor research grant and contract expenditure to ensure unnecessary overspends do not occur.