- Number: FIN/SLS/005
- Title: Sales and Credit Control
- Version: 2.0
- Effective date: 1 August 2012
- Duration: This specification will run from the date set out above until amended by the Director of Finance and Corporate Services or nominated alternate.
- Review: This specification will be reviewed annually.
- Service level specification
i. Finance will provide advice and credit checking on potential customers, together with draft terms and conditions to assist with the effective conduct of business.
ii. Finance will provide a Credit Control service to the University for all debtor payments. All decisions about whether or not to initiate legal proceedings of any kind against a debtor will be taken by Finance.
iii. Finance aim to recover in excess of 98% of all non-student debt due to the University.
iv. As part of the Credit Control service Finance will arrange for the necessary bad debt provisions to be made with Schools and Directorates for uncollected debt and for write off approval to be obtained where appropriate if this is necessary.
v. The primary responsibility for student debt lies with Student Services Directorate. Finance provides a chasing and recovery service for both current students and those who have left.