Cash Handling, including Imprest Management
- Number: FIN/SLS/006
- Title: Cash Handling, including Imprest Management
- Version: 1.0
- Effective date: 1 August 2012
- Duration: This specification will run from the date set out above until amended by the Director of Finance and Corporate Services or nominated alternate.
- Review: This specification will be reviewed annually.
- Service level specification
Where the use of cash is unavoidable:
i. Finance will provide cash facilities to Schools and Directorates to hold cash imprests, and for them to be replenished on an as required basis;
ii. Finance will hold, and keep updated, records of imprests held within the University and registered imprest holders.
iii. From time to time Finance will arrange unannounced cash counts of imprests to ensure they are managed effectively in line with audit and insurance requirements.