We recommend that all undergraduates complete at least two internships during their studies (these could be internships over the summer or credit-bearing placements during term time). We would recommend that one of these two is a full summer-long internship lasting 6-12 weeks. Internships do not necessarily need to be related to your core discipline – what matters however is that you use internships to explore sectors and organisations that might be of interest to you in the future. Read more in our guide to getting a summer internship.
WHERE TO LOOK FOR INTERNSHIPS
Use MyJobsOnline and sort opportunities by ‘Opportunity Type – Vacation Schemes/Internships‘
- Sign in to your MJO account
Key resources for finding internships…
- Target Jobs
- Rate My Placement
- All About Careers
- Gradcracker for STEM students
Careers have two paid internship schemes for University of Reading students…
Students with a disability will find the following websites useful for vacancies and advice:
Thinking about working abroad?
- Goinglobal the International careers resource
Looking for more specific opportunities?
- Discover Your Career Options
- Read our Guide to getting a Summer Internship for more ideas
- AllAboutLaw Vacation Schemes
- AllAboutLaw Training Contracts