For some people working abroad is a logical step in their career. For others it’s a necessity in a tough job market or a desire for a better standard of living. And there are those who do it to experience a different way of life. The reasons to work abroad are numerous, and the experience can be both life enriching and career enhancing.
GoinGlobal is an amazing resource for anyone looking to travel for work or study. The University of Reading now has a licence, providing each student an essential resource to begin their global career planning. International students looking to return home or find work elsewhere in the world after their studies will also find it useful. Your subscription allows access to:
- 38 Country Career Guides
- 53 City Career Guides for the United States and Canada
- Corporate profiles and more than 16 million internship and job listings worldwide
Both the GoinGlobal Country Career Guides and the City Career Guides provide professional advice and insider tips on such topics as:
- Job search tools - online and face-to-face resources
- Employment trends in major industries - learn more about growing industry areas and focus your job or internship search!
- Executive recruiters and staffing agency contacts - great contacts for students and alumni/professional job seekers
- Work permit regulations - clearly explains the important details for international students and professional job seekers
- Salary ranges and cost of living data - take the guesswork out of planning for career moves and relocations
- Professional and social networking groups - get a head start on making connections for career development
- CV writing guidelines
- Localized resources make it easier for students to research internship and job opportunities in the places they want to live and work.
- Interviewing and cultural advice in the country of your choice
All USA City Career Guides include links to H-1B visa employers for every state! contains more than 500 employment resources, all with detailed explanations and hot links directly to the latest information.
Features corporate profiles for 450,000+ companies in industries such as consumer goods, consulting services, finance, and information technology. A mixture of local and multinational employers for more than 190 countries are featured and include data on sales, revenues, brands, officers, key contacts and more. Use the profiles to prepare for interviews or find business intelligence facts on specific companies.
You will find millions of international job postings, company, industry and location.
Find out more about GoinGlobal and how to make the most of the information.
Further advice on finding work and study around the world: