As part of our commitment to the environment, we’re keen to reduce as much waste as possible during the moving out period. Please don’t throw unused, unwanted items away!
What can I donate?
- Food (must be unopened)
- Toiletries (must be unopened)
- Cleaning and washing materials (must be unopened)
- Crockery and cutlery
- Pots and pans (must be clean)
- Books and DVDs
- Bags, clothes and shoes
- Electrical goods
- Bedding (must be clean)
- Anything of use which can re-used
How can I donate?
- British Heart Foundation Bags will be available in receptions and at key points around the halls
- Red BHF bags are for clothing/bag/shoes donations. You can also place crockery cutlery, pots and pans in these bags, but please don’t mix these items with clothing or textiles
- Please don’t place sharp items such as knives and scissors in bags due to the health and safety risk (place these safely on the side or in a box
- At local receptions
- You can also donate using the External recycling bins near halls
At your local receptions, you can donate:
- Books, CD’s and DVDs
- Unused food and toiletries for charity food banks
If you have hangers you no longer need, please leave these in your wardrobes instead of throwing them away.
In your kitchens, please adopt a corner where charity donations as listed above can be left, using the British Heart Foundation bags. Alternatively, if you have large bulky items or boxes or crates of charity donation please clearly label these with your intensions e.g. “Charity Donations” with your room number and date.
||Where does it go?|
|Perishable food: For fruit, vegetables, dairy products etc.
||Please use the food recycling bin in the kitchen|
|Empty Glass Bottles
||Please remove from the building and place in the external blue bottle/glass bins|
|Cardboard / Paper / Magazines / empty plastic containers/ empty cans
||Place in the correct kitchen recycling bin
||These can be disposed of in your local reception