If you are still living in halls, unless you have arranged a contract extension through Stay@Reading, you need to leave your accommodation by 09:00.
You can move out sooner if this suits, but your rent remains payable until your contract end date.
If your Campus Card was your access card and you have lost any keys, you still need to return your envelope and it must be signed to signify that you have left your accommodation.
As you are leaving:
- Check you have left no personal items in your accommodation
- Check your room is clean
- Check you have switched off all the lights in your accommodation
- Make sure you have locked your door
- Check your communal areas have no personal items and are clean and tidy
- Check all rubbish and recycling have been taken to the appropriate points
- Once you have left your accommodation for the last time, you need to return your key envelope.
All keys, fobs and cards (except your Campus Card) including your postal locker keys must be returned on the day you leave.
Please sign and date the key return envelope provided and hand this into your group reception or deposit in the key drop box outside of reception if it’s closed.
If your Campus Card was your access card and you have lost any keys, you still need to return your empty envelope to signify you have left your accommodation.