Welcoming students from Misericordia University
Misericordia University and the University of Reading have a partnership which allows students to follow their undergraduate study at Misericordia with a master's programme at the University of Reading.
The staff are great to talk to - they're experts in things you're interested in, plus they're also great examples of what you can do with your degree once you've finished.
- Elle Codling, MA English
We offer a distinctive range of MA programmes, each of which has taught components, followed by dissertation supervision.
Students who successfully complete BA in English at Misericordia University and take the relevant modules are able to progress to the following master's programmes at the University of Reading:
Find out more from the Department about the Programmes:
Hear from our students and staff
Watch our recent webinar:
Reasons to study at Reading:
- we have concentrated expertise in Victorian Literature, Early Modern Studies, Samuel Beckett, Children's Literature, Creative Writing and Publishing History
- we hold unique archival collections in all of these areas, with which our MA students engage throughout their time with us
- we are ranked in the top 150 universities in the world for English Language and Literature in the QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021
- you will be taught in small groups, with lecturers and professors leading discussion and giving lectures
- as an MA student in this thriving and dynamic Department, you will be welcomed at a number of special events, including research seminars and guest lectures.
Literary Treasures at Reading:
Students will need to achieve successful completion of the Misericordia University Undergraduate Programme:
- complete a total of 39 credits in English in addition to Misericordia University's core curriculum requirements and
- 6 credits of upper-division History courses and
- attain a 3.5 GPA in English and 3.3 GPA cumulatively overall by the end of the junior years, having completed a minimum of nine upper-division English classes and
- receive approval from a full time English Department faculty member at Misericordia to pursue graduate study at the University of Reading.
Misericordia students studying on a 4+1 arrangement are entitled to a fee discount at Reading.
Coming to another country is a big change in your life. It's important to make sure that you are happy in your new home. You will thrive in our lively academic environment developed from cross-cultural collaboration and both our student and staff communities are made up of people from all around the globe.
Our team of advisers are available to offer support on issues such as: money matters, visa queries, accommodation and even help with defining words that might be unfamiliar to you. You can also benefit from the Reading University International Mentoring Scheme, matching you with a current student mentor at the University.
The Department of English Literature is located within the Edith Morley Building on our beautiful, award-winning Whiteknights campus. This is a vibrant community with a wide range of facilities to help you study, have fun and relax. We have a newly refurbished Co-op supermarket on campus in addition to a variety of places to eat, drink and socialise.
Our award-winning Students' Union (RUSU) runs over150 clubs, societies and volunteering activities. In addition, you will have access to the extensive sports facilities on offer.
The University is within walking distance to the town centre and there are also regular buses from campus.
We offer a wide range of accommodation options on or around our main campus.
FIND OUT MORE
To learn more and find out how to apply, get in touch with us.
Apply for a taught postgraduate course
You can apply for courses online. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.