Dr Chun Kit (Andy) Chung
- Undergraduate Admissions Tutor
- School Director for Recruitment and Admissions
- Introductory Mathematics for Economics 1
- Microeconomic Policy
- Econometrics 1
OfficeEdith Morley 187
Areas of interestI am interested in empirical family and labour economics, especially topics related to human capital. I am also interested in other topics in applied microeconomics, such as sport. My current research topics include parenting, addictive behaviour, labour supply, native-immigrant earnings gap and football.
I am interested in supervising research students in empirical family and labour economics. I am also interested in other topics in applied microeconomics, such as sport.
I obtained my undergraduate and master's degrees in Economics at University of London and University of Hong Kong, respectively. Then I completed my PhD in Economics at Chinese University of Hong Kong. From day one I studied Economics with a full-time job. I worked in a continuing education college as a College Lecturer and then a Programme Director when I was studying for my PhD. After completed my PhD, I did policy research in a think tank for three years and then I took up a lecturer position at my alma mater. I joined University of Reading in 2021.
- Chung, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-4167-4012 , Xiong, Y. , Zhang, J. (2022) An economic analysis of tiger parenting: evidence from child developmental delay or learning disability. Labour Economics , 78 ISSN: 0927-5371 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.labeco.2022.102226
- Chung, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-4167-4012 (2009) Gender difference in suicide, household production and unemployment. Applied Economics , 41 (19). pp. 2495-2504. ISSN: 1466-4283 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00036840802599446