University Teaching Fellowship Scheme
Our Teaching Fellowship is a prestigious award for individuals who have demonstrated individual excellence, and made a significant contribution to the development of teaching and learning at the University
The Fellowship is designed to:
- reward those individuals who are committed to the development of teaching and learning;
- raise the status of teaching in the University as a scholarly activity; and
- support staff to further develop in the area of teaching and learning.
The Fellowship is awarded to a small number of staff each year, who are granted the accolade of University Teaching Fellow.
Benefits of the scheme
- Successful applicants are awarded a 'title for life' i.e. University Teaching Fellow.
- Successful applicants also become members of the Teaching Fellows' Community of Practice which meets every term to discuss emerging T&L issues and to provide informal support for individual Fellows.
- Successful applicants are eligible to apply for funding from the UTF professional development bursary fund during the year following their award, in order to further their professional T&L development.
Responsibilities of the University Teaching Fellows
- To use their Fellowship to develop their teaching and learning work and further build an evidence base which could be used in support of a future National Teaching Fellowship Scheme (NTFS) application;
- To play an active role in enhancing teaching and learning through participation in and, where appropriate, leadership of University Working Groups;
- To play an active role in the dissemination of their own practice and in supporting the wider spread of good practice across the University;
- To contribute to staff training and development, as appropriate;
- To provide peer support to future Fellows;
- To participate in an active network of Fellows through membership of the Teaching Fellows' Community of Practice;
- To show willingness to engage in and / or support other teaching and learning initiatives, including membership of selection panels for University T&L funding and award schemes.
Responsibilities of the University
- To provide support for Fellows through the Centre for Quality Support and Development;
- To provide opportunities for internal dissemination and adoption of good practice within the University;
- To support Fellows in making applications for funding from external bodies for teaching and learning projects (where this aligns with the University's strategic priorities).
Find out more about Our University Teaching Fellows
Read more about University of Reading staff experiences of the UTFS - Staff Experiences
How to apply
Everything you need to know to apply for the UTFS.Application process