Professor Xia Hong
PGR Programme Director
Building locationPolly Vacher
Areas of interest
- Machine learning algorithms
- Data analytics
- Neuro-fuzzy systems
- Nonlinear system modelling and identification
- Learning theory and neural networks
- Optimisation, multi-sensor data fusion, pattern recognition and classifier design
- Signal processing for control and communications
- Essential Algorithms and Machine Learning
BackgroundProfessor Xia Hong received her university education at the National University of Defense Technology, P. R. China (BSc, 1984, MSc, 1987), and the University of Sheffield, UK (PhD, 1998), all in Automatic Control.
She worked as a research assistant at the Beijing Institute of Systems Engineering, Beijing, China from 1987–1993. She worked as a research fellow in the Department of Electronics and Computer Science at University of Southampton from 1997–2001. She was appointed by the University of Reading as lecturer (2001), Reader (2009) and then Professor (2013).