- Convenor of MPharm module Professional Practice 2 (PM2PY1)
- Founding Chair of Reading Education Research Network Community of Practice
- Member of the School of Chemistry, Food and Pharmacy Sustainability Group (and inaugural Chair)
Areas of interest
Kate's research interests lie in Pharmacy Education, in particular and the use of technology, interprofessional education, and the experiences of international students studying at Reading School of Pharmacy.
Kate practiced as a hospital pharmacist for 20 years, working in NHS hospitals in London, Oxford and Reading. She started working as a Teacher Practitioner at Reading School of Pharmacy in 2005, and became a full time academic in 2015. Kate completed a Master’s in Education in 2017, was awarded senior fellowship of the Higher Education Academy and became a University of Reading Teaching Fellow in the same year.
Kate has a wide range of clinical and teaching experience, and is currently the module convenor of a second year MPharm module. She founded the Reading Education Research Network which now has over 60 members across UK and Malaysian campuses. Her scholarship interests include equality, diversity and inclusion in pharmacy education, technology-enhanced learning, and sustainability in pharmacy education. She became the Pharmacy Education Lead for the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare in 2023 and has presented in the UK and internationally on sustainability in education.
Awards and honours
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- University of Reading Teaching Fellow
- Registrant of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (MRPharmS)
- Associate Member of The Institute of Leadership & Management (InstLM)
- Bizley, S. , Branson, A. , Fletcher, K. , Ho, A. ORCID: 0000-0002-2581-126X , Millmore, A. ORCID: 0000-0002-8626-0713 , Sinclair-Graham, S. (2023) Multidisciplinary approaches to reflective practices supporting student transitions into employment. In: Willison, D. and Henderson, E. , (eds.) Perspectives on Enhancing Student Transition Into Higher Education and Beyond. IGI Global , Hershey, Pennsylvania. pp. 212-237. ISBN: 9781668481981 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.4018/978-1-6684-8198-1.ch010