Data retention policy
Electronically-held user information
Information about users and their transactions is held electronically on the LRC system. This data is only accessible by LRC staff.
- Student records are uploaded overnight from RISIS
- Records are deleted within a month of their expiry date
- Records for no-show students are deleted after notification from RISIS
- Staff records are manually keyed in at present
- Currently staff records are kept for 6 months after their expiry date
- Transaction records are kept indefinitely
- These provide statistics and audit trail information
Paper-based user information
Application forms from Staff, University visitors and External users are kept for one year after the membership expiry date has passed.