Code of Conduct
What we expect from you...
- Be considerate of other LRC users – respect the rights of others to work quietly:
- keep noise to a minimum;
- ensure your mobile phone is in silent mode or switched off when you enter the LRC - if you wish to make or receive a call, please do it outside the LRC;
- make sure that your media player cannot be heard by other people.
- Apart from bottled water and covered drinks in lidded containers, do not eat, or drink in the LRC; you will be asked to remove any food or unlidded drinks on your desk.
- Observe the rules and regulations concerning the appropriate use of IT.
- LRC materials belong to everyone and you should treat them with respect. Do not write, highlight or underline in books, or deface them in any way.
- Treat LRC staff with courtesy.
What we will do for you...
- Help you find the information you need for your work – from books, journals, databases, the Internet or other sources.
- Show you how to use the LRC catalogue, and other online information systems.
- Help you develop information handling skills you need for lifelong learning.
- Help you to develop more effective study practices with access to a wide range of guides and individual advice from professional study advisers.
- Provide help in using LRC equipment.
- Provide space for you to work quietly and in groups.
- Treat you with courtesy.
Updated August 2015