Placing & cancelling a hold
Placing a hold
You can place a hold on (reserve) books that are on loan to other people using Enterprise.
- Search for the item on the catalogue.
- If all the copies are on loan click on the Place hold button on the right-hand-side of the display.
- If you haven't already logged in to Enterprise you will prompted to do so.
- University members enter your University username and password.
- Non-members enter your LRC number and PIN.
- Click on the Place Hold(s) button
- You can only have five holds at a time.
- Please cancel your hold if you no longer need a book - other people might be waiting for it (see instructions below)
Collecting your hold
You will be notified by email when your hold is available for collection. You can also check your LRC account in Enterprise to see if your hold is available.
Collect your item from the "Holds" shelves in the Special Collections:
- Students/Staff with Campus Cards - your hold will be filed using the number on the bottom right-hand corner of your Campus Card in the "Campus card holds" sequence
- Academic Visitors and External users - your hold will be filed by your LRC Card number in the "LRC card holds" sequence
Once you have found your hold, borrow it using the Self-Service Machines.
We will keep the item for five days for you to collect.
Cancelling a hold
It is possible to cancel your holds through the My Account option on Enterprise. Login to your LRC account using the direct link on the LRC homepage. Or login via Enterprise by following the steps below.
- Click on the My account option at the top of the screen.
- University members should enter their University username and password.
- Non-members enter their LRC number and PIN.
- The Account Summary screen will appear. Click on the "Holds" tab.
- In your holds list, click in the check box next to the title you want to cancel.
- Click on "Cancel hold(s)"
If a hold you want to cancel is showing as "available", please do not cancel the hold in this way. Just contact us or ask staff at the Information Desk who will cancel the hold for you.