This guide gives you an overview of some of the major sources of statistics.
The following major British government statistical series are available online on the UK Statistics Authority website.
- Annual abstract of statistics
- Economic trends
- Labour Market Trends (1996-)
- Population trends
- Regional Trends
- Social Trends
- Census of Population
- The FAO website also includes statistics.
- OECD Statistics - GDP, health, employment, trade, income distribution, finance, economic outlook, etc statistics for OECD and selected other countries.
- Quandl - a freely available index of over 7 million time-series datasets, covering subjects such as commodity prices, health statistics, education statistics, demographics, etc. Quandl pulls together its data from over 400 freely available sources. Data can be downloaded in a number of formats.
- Statistical abstract of the United States
- Zanran - is a search engine for data and statistics that focuses primarily on finding data presented in numerical or tabular form.