- On-campus link to Westlaw UK - no password required
- Off-campus link to Westlaw UK - University login required via an Institutional login
If you are not sure what your University login is see Accessing e-resources for more information.
Full-text of UK, US EU and Commonwealth legal sources. Contents include:
- UK cases, including The Law Reports, Weekly Law Reports and English Reports
- Fully consolidated laws in force, including Acts from 1267 and Statutory Instruments from 1948.
- European Union cases from 1954
- European Union legislation
- Index to British legal journals from 1986 (with links to full-text where hosted on Westlaw UK)
- Full-text British and American legal journals (varying date coverage)
- Comprehensive collection of US law reviews from the 1980s and selected journals from common law jurisdictions, including Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- US Federal and State case law
- US Federal legislation
Help & guidance
- For basic, introductory guidance see the Westlaw getting started guide (PDF).
- For more advanced guidance see the further resources on the Westlaw customer support.
- Complete the Westlaw UK certification training, an interactive walk-through of Westlaw UK, to demonstrate your skills by becoming a Certified user.
- Contact us for additional advice using this resource.
You can save your references to EndNote in the following ways. Note that only UK/EU journal data can be exported to EndNote.
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - Find out more about saving references into Desktop EndNote
- EndNote online - Download & import using the 'RefMan RIS' import option - Find out more about saving references into EndNote online
- What is EndNote?
A mobile website version is available designed for use on smartphones and tablet devices.