- Link to HeinOnline - University username and password required
Institutional login via the UK Federation required for direct access to this resource via a search engine. If you are not sure what your University login is see Accessing e-resources for more information.
Full-text access to digitised collections of specialist legal, political and historical sources, most notably:
- Foreign & International Law Resources Database - international yearbooks and periodicals, US law digests, and decisions of international tribunals.
- Kluwer Law International Journal Library - archive of journals published by Kluwer Law International.
- Law Journal Library - extensive archival collection of academic legal journals, from the first volume to the most recent volume allowed by the publishers (typically 2-5 years ago). American bias, but includes titles published in the Commonwealth, including the UK.
Other libraries include:
Canada Supreme Court Reports - official bilingual law report series of the case law of the Supreme Court of Canada (Cour suprême du Canada), dating from 1876.
Early American Case Law - assorted US law report series covering the late 19th to the 20th century, including the Federal Cases and the Trinity Series.
English Reports - reproductions of cases reported in various early series of law reports (nominate reports), spanning 176 volumes up to 1867.
European Centre for Minority Issues - published reports and working papers.
International Law Association Reports - ILA conference reports, discussions at working sessions and adopted resolutions relating to the study, clarification and development of international law.
Legal Classics - historic and rare legal and jurisprudential works.
Pentagon Papers - US Department of Defense’s history of American foreign relations with Vietnam from 1945 to 1967.
Revised Statutes of Canada - compilation of federal laws passed by the Parliament of Canada since 1867.
Statutes of the Realm - collection of Acts of the Parliaments of England and Great Britain for the period 1235-1713.
US Supreme Court Library - the official US Reports (1754 onwards), slip opinions (2002 onwards), and books and periodicals relating to the US Supreme Court.
US Treaties and Agreements Library - all US treaties, whether in force, expired, or not yet officially published.
Women and the Law (Peggy) - US focused collections of texts on women's role in society and the law.
World Constitutions Illustrated - current constitutions plus scholarly works on constitutional topics.
Help & guidance
For comprehensive guidance see the HeinOnline help & training site which includes FAQs, guides and training videos.
Contact us for additional advice on using this resource.
You can save your references to EndNote in the following ways - for more detailed guidance see the HeinOnline blogpost:
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - Find out more about saving references into Desktop EndNote
- EndNote online - Download & import using the 'EndNote Import' option - Find out more about saving references into EndNote online
- What is EndNote?