Items on loan can be requested using the Hold option on the catalogue. If someone places a hold on a standard loan book you have out, it will be recalled from you, and you may have to return it earlier than you expected.
What happens if someone places a hold on a book I have out?
- You will be sent a recall notice to your University email account.
- You will have seven days to return the book (even if you originally borrowed the book for six weeks).
- If your original due date is in less than seven days you will have to return the book by the original due date.
- Any recalled item which is not returned by the new recalled due date is subject to fines of 80p per day
- You will be unable to borrow items or renew loans on your account if you do not return the recalled item.
Holds cannot be placed on 7-day loan journals which cannot be renewed and will always need to be returned by the current due date.
How can I check if any of my loans have been recalled?
Login to your Library account via the Library homepage or Enterprise catalogue. Recalled items will be flagged on your account. Contact the Library for more detail about when the recalled item is now due for return.