- IATEFL TEASIG 'Technology for Teachers in Assessment - the immediate future' Nov 2018
- BALEAP testing roadshow Glasgow May 2018
- BAAL TEASIG Nottingham Trent 'Designing and Assessing Integrated Skills Tests' Apr 2018
- Academic English Programme (AEP) Academic Language & Literacy Liaison for Chemistry, Pharmacy, Mathematical, Physical & Computational Sciences, Archaeology, Geography & Environmental Science, and Biological Sciences.
- School lead for Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL)
- Coordinator for Postgraduate Success Programme
- Module convenor for ILMAINFN Academic English for Informatics, IF3NUC English for Chemists, IL1APHM English for Pharmacy, ILMAMTN Academic English for Meteorologists
Areas of interest
Particular interests include using technology effectively in and out of the classroom, supporting students with language needs related to their specific discipline, vocabulary development and fostering learner autonomy. I was previously a member of the assessment team and retain an interest in effective assessment of English for Academic Purposes.
- I am currently developing AEP provision to support a new MsC Pharmacy programme and refreshing materials for Chemistry students to better reflect the level of English of students coming from the NUIST Partnership.
I have been teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) since 2013 and joined the University of Reading on a permanent basis in January 2015.
Academic qualificationsBSc (Southampton), MSc (Edinburgh), CELTA (IH London), MA Kings College London, FHEA
Tavakoli, P., Kendon, G., Mazhurnaya, S., & Ziomek, A. (2023). Assessment of fluency in the Test of English for Educational Purposes. Language Testing, 0(0). https://doi.org/10.1177/02655322231151384