- Lecturer in English for Academic Purposes.
- International Study and Language Institute's [ISLI] Academic Language and Literacy Liaison [ALLL] for the School of Humanities; School of Agriculture, Policy, and Development; and the School of Politics, Economics, and International Relations.
- As a teaching-intensive lecturer in English for Academic Purposes I have responsibilities for convening, coordinating, designing, and delivering provision on the discipline-specific, general, and support academic language and literacy modules, courses, sessions, and webinars listed above.
- Each department at Reading has a dedicated Academic Language & Literacy Liaison contact from our Academic English Programme. Since 2022, I have been the Liaison for the Schools and Departments also listed above.
Areas of interest
- As a practitioner, particular areas of interest include: Digital Accessibility, Technology Enhanced Learning, Equity and Accessibility within Higher Education, Learner Autonomy, Internationalisation and Mobility, and Decolonising the Curriculum.
- Broader research interests include: maximising state secondary school student performance, participation, and engagement; compulsory state secondary education structuring, funding, and syllabi; and equity and accessibility within the secondary state sector.
- Module Convenor for the following discipline-specific language and literacy in-sessional modules:
- IL3AECEN Academic Writing for Economics [Undergraduate UG],
- ILMAECEN Academic Writing for Economics [Postgraduate PG],
- ILMAECDN Dissertation Writing for Economics [PG],
- IL3APIRN Advanced Oracy Skills for Politics and International Relations,
- IL2APIRN Academic Skills and Language for Politics and International Relations.
- Coordinator of the academic language and literacy provision on the Personal and Professional Development Programme for International Students [IDM089] in the Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture, and Economics [GIIDAE].
- Course tutor of general language and literacy in-sessional courses in Speaking; Social English; Pronunciation; Essay Writing; Core Academic Writing Skills; Dissertation and Thesis Writing; Academic Grammar; and Presentation Skills.
- Session lecturer for the Academic English Programme's [AEP] webinars in Writing Genres; Building Blocks of Writing; Dissertation Writing; Grammar; and Vocabulary.
- Teacher on the following language and literacy modules on year-round and summer Pre-sessional [PSE] courses: Integrated Academic Language and Skills 1-4; Academic Practices and Genres [UG and PG]; Communicating Academic Ideas; and Processing Academic Texts.
- Academic Tutor for summer PSE courses and for writing and presentation consultations.
- I have over 15 years teaching, pastoral, welfare, and leadership experience in primary, secondary, further, and higher education, both in the state and commercial sectors in the UK and abroad.
- My expertise centres on creating and delivering bespoke content and language integrated learning [CLIL] project-based courses, as well as with language and subject-specific assessment and testing provision.
- I joined the University of Reading in 2019, teaching on Pre-sessional English courses before joining the International Foundation Programme [IFP] the same year. Whilst with the IFP, I was responsible for coordinating the International English module and for reviewing, and redesigning, the syllabus and materials for blended flipped-learning.I have been part of the Academic English Programme since 2021 and have recently been working on a project to enhance reporting of digital accessibility needs across all ISLI programmes and modules. I have also been working with colleagues on reviewing and redesigning the pre-sessional curriculum.