14/3/15: BALEAP Reading at Reading PIM; University of Reading. For this conference, I was on the organising committee and also gave a presentation entitled 'The impact of the "Reading Review" homework task on the activation and development of core reading strategies and skills of EAP pre-sessional students'.
- EAP Lecturer - AEP & PSE courses
- ISLI Disability Representative
- Lead Educator of ISLI MOOC's
- Module Convenor for IL1ABMN Academic Skills and Language for Business and Management
- IELTS Invigilation
I have over 20 years of accumulated experience in English Language teaching. I began my teaching career in 1998 in Japan at a senior high school for the JET Programme and later worked with all ages (literally 3-93) and levels with positions in senior and junior high schools, kindergartens and private language schools during the years 1998-2002 and 2006-2011. Upon returning to the UK in the summer of 2011, I worked as a head teacher for a summer English course for Italian teenagers and did my first summer PSE at UoR. Following that I worked at a local language school teaching EGP (as well as some comprehensive schools as a cover supervisor) before joining ISLI in April 2013.
- MA in ELT (University of Reading)
- TEFL Certificate with Business (Global English)
- BA Philosophy (University of North London)
- Diversity in Education Intercultural communication and cultural diversity
- Logical reasoning
- Materials Development
- Metaphor in language
- Philosophy as underpinning cultures, language and thought
- Student well-being and study skills