- IATEFL TEASIG 'Technology for Teachers in Assessment - the immediate future' Nov 2018
- BALEAP testing roadshow Glasgow May 2018
- BAAL TEASIG Nottingham Trent 'Designing and Assessing Integrated Skills Tests' Apr 2018
- During the autumn and spring terms, my main responsibility is developing and teaching discipline specific academic skills provision for the Academic English Programme (AEP). I currently work with students within Pharmacy, Meteorology and the Henley Business School. In the summer I am course director within the Pre-Sessional English programme (PSE).
- Base Section: Academic English Programme
Areas of interest
- I started teaching English in 2002, coming to the profession relatively late after working in the IT and telecommunications sectors. I taught overseas in Spain, Germany and Poland, in schools, companies and colleges before returning to the UK to work as an ESOL and EFL tutor. From 2013, I have taught English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at the University of Reading. Particular interests include fostering learner autonomy and using technology effectively in and out of the classroom.
- I once spent 6 weeks cycling around Cuba and wish the roads of Reading were as quiet.
- I am currently developing AEP provision to support a new MsC Pharmacy programme and refreshing materials for Chemistry students to better reflect the level of English of students coming from the NUIST Partnership.