Small Works Projects
|Step 1: The work request||Step 2: The Estimate||Step 3: The Approval||Step 4: The Work||Step 5: Invoicing & Closure||Step 6: Project Feedback|
What we can do for you
The Projects Team is a multi-disciplinary group of Project Managers who, together with support staff, manage a wide variety of project work. We are a team of construction professionals with extensive experience in interior design, building surveying, mechanical & electrical engineering, computer-aided design as well as voice & data network infrastructure.
Range of Work
The broad spectrum of work we undertake includes:
- option appraisals, feasibilities, Authorisation to Work procedures
- construction of new buildings and outdoor spaces
- refurbishment and repair of existing buildings
- providing heating, cooling, ventilation, lighting, power, data and voice
- security and fire safety improvements
- new or modified underground services and infrastructure
- asbestos removal
- statutory compliance - such as disability provisions, periodic electrical testing - together with gas and water management.
Role of a Project Manager
Irrespective of the project's size, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring:
- that the work is carried out safely
- that it is compliant with statutory legislation and
- that it is undertaken in accordance with University rules and procedures.
But equally important, to us, is to ensure that we are meeting your needs and expectations in delivering the work on time, to budget and to the right specification.