|Step 1: The work request||Step 2: The Estimate||Step 3: The Approval||Step 4: The Work||Step 5: Invoicing & Closure||Step 6: Project Feedback|
Step 4: The work
The following are typical duties performed by the Project Manager and the support team during the life of a project.
- Create a project file
- Obtain the brief and agree the scope of works
- Check record drawings, asbestos register, fire risk assessments, and Health & Safety files
- Undertake site surveys and investigations
- Provide option appraisal / feasibility costs
- Produce a specification document.
- Check contractors' H&S and insurance details
- Establish a programme
- Obtain quotations / tender the work
- Evaluate the quotations / tender returns
- Issue a Total Project Estimate (TPE)
- Place orders.
- Confirm and facilitate the programme
- Manage the site works
- Manage variations and final accounts
- Advise and or demonstrate to the client the completed work
- Check certification and handover to E&F Maintenance.
- Update master drawings, asset register, space data, asbestos register, fire risk register and Health & Safety files
- Undertake post-completion duties (operational, contractual, financial)
- Close and archive the project file.
…all in accordance with University procedures.