Health and Wellbeing resources during the Covid-19 outbreak can be found on the 2020/2021: Life at the University of Reading pages.
To use the Counselling service, you will need to register online before we can offer you an appointment. Each new academic year you will need to re-register in order to use the service.
Before you register:
UoR has a wide range of support available. it is important to consider what is available and what is best for your needs. The below links have been provided with you in mind. If these support systems haven’t met your needs it might be time to register with us. we can help guide you to the right support for your needs.
- If you are new to the university have you connected with a Peer Supporter?
- Life Tools Blog – self-reliance talks exploring a range of mechanisms and techniques you can use right away to help reduce study related stressors.
- Every Mind Matters – NHS guided review and support for in the moment needs.
- NHS workbooks designed for self-help needs on a variety of topic areas from Abuse and Anxiety to Bereavement and Sleeping problems.
- Are you experiencing negative behaviours from others towards you? If so, the #NeverOK campaign is the right place to start seeking support and guidance.
- We have a 24/7 online support link with Togetherall, who provide self-help articles, self-evaluation tools and a forum for expressing issues.
- Please review our Strategies for Success tool to help your transition into Uni life.
How to register:
- Click here and log in with your University email and password to start online registration.
- Fill out the details required for the online form. This includes personal information such as your name, DOB, student number and contact details, as well as information on how you are feeling.
- As part of our assessment we ask that you complete a Strategies for Success document, this will enable a thorough assessment of your needs when you meet your assessor once you have been offered an appointment.
Once you have registered online, a member of the Counselling & Wellbeing team will contact you via your University of Reading email address or phone to arrange a preliminary appointment to determine your needs. This will usually be within 5 working days of completing online registration.
In an emergency:
Please note that the University’s Counselling service is not an emergency service and only operates Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00.
If you require emergency or urgent help, please contact one of the following: