University of Reading Careers has partnered with Forage to offer all current students and alumni practical work experience through company endorsed virtual programmes.
Forage is an online resource which offers virtual experience programmes designed by leading companies. Develop your skills and gain a real understanding of different roles and sectors by working through these self-paced modules, with tasks similar to those you would undertake during a traditional internship.
What does it involve?
- You will work through a series of resources and hypothetical tasks that are designed to simulate the sort of work you would undertake as an intern or a graduate employee at the organisation. It's a unique opportunity for you to try out a career at your own pace and in your own time, from the comfort of your home.
- It takes five to six hours to complete one programme and you can complete as many programmes as you like. All experiences are completely free of charge for students and graduates from the University of Reading.
- Video instructions and real life examples from employees within your chosen organisation
- Work that reflects real day-to-day tasks of interns and graduates
- Curated resources to help you complete the tasks
What are the benefits?
- Sample what real life work at leading companies would be like
- Try out different types of work and discover which career path is right for you
- Build confidence and gain skills to get you ready for the workplace
- Boost your CV with a company-branded virtual experience programme and get a personalised certificate for your LinkedIn profile
How can I take part?
There are no lengthy application processes as programmes are free and accessible to all students and graduates.
Simply pick your programme and create an account.