Dr Hussein Hassan
- Director of Internationalisation (MENA Countries)
- Module Convenor
- Part 3 Cohort Lead
- NUIST UG Programme Director
Building locationEdith Morley
Areas of interestMy research interests are broadly in Applied Macroeconometrics with a specific interest in financial markets volatility and monetary policy.
Postgraduate supervisionI am interested in supervising research students working on empirical Macroeconomic models. More specifically, these are my areas of interest: Time Series Data Econometrics, Financial Markets Volatility and Monetary Policy.
Module Convenor for:
- Macroeconomic Policy (ECM102)
- Introductory Econometrics (EC204)
- International Economics (EC311)
I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Economics at the University of Reading. I hold a PhD and an MSc in Economics from the University of Leicester, an MSc in Economics from Cairo University and a BSc in Economics from Benha University. In 2017 I defended my PhD thesis 'An Empirical Study on the Optimal Monetary Policy and Financial Market Volatility'.
Before joining the University of Reading in 2018, I was working as a Teaching Assistant in Economics at the University of Leicester for 5 and a half years. During this period, I taught more than 17 different modules for both large and small groups of undergraduate and postgraduate students. Also, I worked for the University of Leicester as a Study-Help Tutor by providing one-to-one economic sessions for students who have experienced personal difficulties. Furthermore, I worked for Université Paris-Daupine London Campus, INTO City University of London and GSM London as a part-time Lecturer in Economics.
- PhD in Economics, University of Leicester, England, 2017
- MSc in Economics, University of Leicester, England, 2014
- MSc in Economics, Cairo University, Egypt, 2010
- BSc in Economics, Benha University, Egypt, 2005